Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bento #11

I prepared this today for J as lunch after his weekly enrichment class. He likes eel so hubby bought this when he saw it in supermarket. We usually have when I made sushi as dinner. It's an easy to prepare meal for me as I only need to prepare the sushi rice and steam the eel.


I added pumpkin flakes which I got from Isetan some time ago to the uncooked rice and cooked together till the rice is ready. I steamed the eel and placed it on top of the cooked rice. I also prepared grapes in the side dishes containers. I used food picks to make the grapes look like balloons, rings, umbrellas and flowers. Niece also attracted to them, she arranged the food picks nicely on the table after she finished the grapes.


I used this mini bento set from Tiger as it can keep the rice warm with the thermal cup container. I like this bento set very much so decided to get a set. There're many designs for similar bento set in market. Hubby find this bento set is good and has an insulated carrier so decided to bring this bento set when we going to Hokkaido next month. We can use this to pack food for J, in case he gets hungry when we're on the road.

4 comments:

3lilangels said...

This bento box will be useful, being thermal. It'll be autumn in Hokkaido next month. I'm totally green with envy that you're going Japan. Think of all the bento stuff and Hello Kitty stuff that you can get there! I went Tokyo last year but didn't know anything about bento yet so didn't get anything! Now I'm kicking myself. Mind you have lots of fun and don't hesistate to just buy lots of things.

Our Story said...

I went to Tokyo last yr too. also like u didnt know abt bento yet so didnt get anything too. I heard that hokkaido dont hv much hello kitty or bento stuff. So might not be able to get much stuff. Hubby said if next yr can get cheap air tickets to Taiwan, will go Taiwan to get more hello kitty and bento stuff. I didnt mention in the blog that my hubby manage to get me some hello kitty stuff when he went TW on business trip. :)

We might go KL 100 yen shop too, but nt sure when. My sil n me are interested to go take a look and hv a short trip to KL

YL

allthingspurple said...

hey, never seen your blog before ! thought I already visited all the bento bloggers. haha. love your blog, and your collections !

that is one cool thermal bag. Its rather difficult to get a thermal bag for kids isn't it? The only one I have ever seen for kids so far is the My Melody one and it is far too huge. Looks like that one is more fitting for a picnic instead.

Our Story said...

allthingspurple
You mean the the My Melody bento set is similar to the snoopy bento set? I think I saw that before. I saw have Hello Kitty design too. But i still prefer the snoopy one. I've seen the measure, they're of the same size.

YL