Thursday, July 31, 2008

Yogurt

I prepared this as snack for J's weekly class yesterday.
The container is from Thermos and it's for cold food only. I got it during a sales at Robinsons, about S$10, find it's a good buy. It comes with a spoon at the top compartment which has enough space for food like cheerios.

The snack consists of homemade yogurt and cheerios at the top compartment, to be added when just before eating so the cheerios will still be crunchy.

I made the yogurt from low fat milk and yogurt cultural powder. Yogurt is very easy to make, recipe can be found from the net. I read from an article that many commercial yogurt doesn't have as much nutrients as it claims, so I find it's better to make my own yogurt. I used cultural powder instead of yogurt which some recipes stated, as a friend told me before that using cultural powder has more active live culture, so it's better

No comments: