Saturday, May 3, 2008

Simple Packed Lunch

We went to zoo this morning but I woke up late so prepared easy-to-cook food to pack as our lunch for the outing.

I made curry made from Vermont japanese curry cubes. I boiled the chicken carrots till cooked then add in cabbage and the curry cubes, the curry is ready within 1 hour. I packed the curry in a leak proof tupperware container instead of the usual lunch boxes I have as I don't want to risk having a curry scent cooler bag. I packed rice in the red lunch box for my boy decorated with powdered seaweed using one of the stencil I have. I sprinkled some furikake over a bear outline stencil for the rice in the pink lunch box for my hubby and Korean glass noodles which I got from a Korean supermarket in Singapore. The glass noodle can be found in usual supermarket nowadays. I packed hubby's and mine lunch in the 2-tier Hello Kitty lunch box. To maintain the curry to be hot or at least warm, I packed all the food in a Hello Kitty cooler bag. I also freeze 2 bottles of water and packed them in another cooler bag so we have cold drinks for the hot weather.

No comments: