Monday, May 12, 2008

Hello Kitty Fishcake

J & ZY met up to go for a class party today. So I made lunch for ourselves with some of the new food I got over the weekend. I saw supermarket sell sweet beancurd skin for sushi, so got a pack to try out to see if J likes it. I saw Hello Kitty fishcake in Takashimaya cold storage so got a pack to make the food interesting. I used bear and star shape cutters to cut the carrots.
Since ZY & J likes quail eggs, i decided to include into today's bento for them. Both boxes consist the same food. The 1st sushi consist of crab sticks, rice and decorate with bear & star carrot as topping. The 2nd sushi consist of carrots, rice and Hello Kitty fishcake. I used beancurd skin for both sushi. I pack the remaining carrots and quail eggs in the silicon cups.
This is the adults' bento. Both boxes consist the same food. The sushi consist of rosemary chicken and I decorated the sushi with Hello Kitty fishcake. I marinated the chicken with rosemary herbs and all purpose seasoning, and pan fry with margarine. The herbs can easily found in supermarkets.

3 comments:

Reese said...

Another must-buy according to my daughter. We enjoyed looking through your blog. You have the cutest things!!! Also very informative - what and where to buy. You've got yourself a regular reader.

Our Story said...

hi reese
nice to know i actually hv a regular reader. I cant resist cute stuff, so got the fishcake when i saw it. u can also try get the fishcake from mediya. taka cold storage may nt hv the fishcake often.

Rachel said...

chance upon your blog and saw this beautiful bento creation...must pop down to Taka and check out the HK fish cake...